It’s a great little showcase website for Simons Video production and Direction. The basic functionality was for a video based flash player (think of YouTube or the BBC’s iPlayer). A lot of agencies in the past have taken this approach and produced a 100% flash based website. We were keen to ensure the website gave us a better foundation than this so the build started on a html version.
Luckily by this time we had a laptop to test it on and after a few quick tests we managed to work out it was flash. Flash was not loading the XML. The odd thing was there was no real consistency, the computers that this didn’t ranged from XP and vista, running Firefox 2 and 3 and IE7. All other platforms and browsers work o.k.!
The problem was this:
It just didn’t work using and absolute path, but when we switched it to a relative path it worked: